Tuesday, May 26, 2009


I am taking a break. Its hard to do it. I thought I would be able to get away from work thoughts this past weekend, we had and extra day-Memorial Day, and I almost made it through but it didn't turn out that way. I had left my cell phone at my sister's house in Levittown and it turned out to be a good thing. For one week I was able to work on a task without the phone ringing bringing news, or follow up tasks, or quejas, or troubleshooting or...I spent the afternoon with my niece Tina on Saturday the 23rd. She delivered the phone and we hung out. we hadn't spent time together, just the two of us, for a long time. I also owed her a birthday present ! She drove me home (remember my van was totaled:-( !) and no more than an hour later I find out that a friend had been arrested in Bucks County.
she had come from PR to help her niece, who was a victim of domestic violence, navigate the systems she was now faced with. My friend had tried to reach me during the week when my phone was out. I tried to only commit to tasks that I was able to manage. I did not want to take the lead because it was a volatile situation and there were a lot of critical unanswered questions. This morning I went with a colleague to the district court for the hearing and it had been canceled. Money was raised in Puerto Rico for the bail and we are now waiting to see if the transfer will make it before 3pm when the banks close. 10 minutes left.

No comments:

Post a Comment