Monday, January 3, 2011

The Moon In Oaxaca


Brilliant stars
touch the midnight blue
Indigo sky
White wash
Yellow walls 
flowers in pots
large terracotta clay
Rain clouds 
in the distance 
hang over the tips 
of the monte alban
Mountain top                                       9/6/98
minutes away 
clouds puff
sun shines in and out 
over and under 
playing games with me 
hide and go seek
I remember all this 
colors
solid clear feeling
Walking bouncing
through the same
500 year ago streets
walkways
solid firm in place 
the mind once lost
firm in place   during
all  those Oaxaca days
remembering 
lost me found me 
in the 5 peso gardenia bouquet
fragrance of the white petals 
surrounds me 
pushed by the sunset's breeze
through the zocalo spaces
Gardenia breeze
moves me to dance 
once hesitant 
now jiggles
across new floors
time to free the heart
to go to its place 
without guilt
legs hips shoulders
breasts free
filled with the music
vibrations of my islands
(finding) my Puerto Rico 
in Oaxaca ---- nights
memories, circles around
my intimate spaces 
remember the bright 
penetrating star 
thinking about the return of 
a thousand miles away nights + days 
last stars
and fingers 
dreaming in a bed of
Jorge's hair
soft as feathers
as the clouds
goodbye touches
and no goodbye moon in Oaxaca
I don't can't remember the moon
I said I can't remember


Oaxaca en el verano del 98 fue un escape de mi vida en fildelfia de mi vida como madre de mi vida en otra relacion destructiva y demasiado larga. 
Recuerdo que mi hermana y yo no estabamos bien. Ella estaba cuidando a Damani que tenia 6 anyos. Cuando la llamo collect ella estaba furiosa. Yo no podia llamar directo porque no habia un telefono en el cuarto. Algo no estaba bien y me dio con miedo.  Me hizo sentir tan mal que no confiaba en ella para cuidar al nene. Pase el dia con tristeza y miedo de que Damani no iba estar bien. Al fin Evelyn y Paul fue a buscarlo. 



No comments:

Post a Comment